Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Caitlin's First tooth

Joe has been at a conference in San Diego this week and gets home
tomorrow night. Caitlin has a little surprise... All the fussiness is
now explained--a tooth! She'll also surprise him with her new-found
ability to army crawl.

I'm happy to report that I completed my first 10km race, the Fort
Worth Zoo Run. It's not every day you see elephants playing ball while
on your run. I'm still running just over an 11 minute mile, so hoping
to improve but glad I can run the full distance in any case. Thanks to
Michelle Laferney, my running guide. Note: Michelle took up running at
fifty-something and has just run her first two marithons this year.
Wow right? I'd say she qualifies as awesome.

In other news, I'm busy packing boxes. Thanks to my friend Rachel for
having Miriam over to play. I'm really blessed with wonderful friends.
I'll be so sad to leave. someone at church last Sunday commented on
how Caitlin has more hair than Miriam did at this age; I must admit I
almost cried to think of leaving the place where people remember my
children as babies. It surprised me that such a simple comment would
make me so nostalgic. We came here just the two of us and we're
returning as a family of four. Two years is a lifetime... Actually two
little lifetimes.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, I'm jealous you get to go back to San Antonio--maybe because it was the same way for us when we were there...our family grew. Anyway, good luck with your move and missing the place you leave. Wish you the best!

    Bobi

    http://westernwarmth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're all sad to see you go, Louise. I remember the shower for Miriam at Pulidos. Thank goodness for the internet so we can keep in touch wherever you go.

    ReplyDelete