Sunday, April 1, 2012

Caitlin at 6 Months Old

That's right; we've been celebrating our little Caitlin's half
birthday today. Time has flown much faster with two children and I
regret not recording more of her milestones. Here's a couple; she just
learned to sit by herself. I hardly even saw her roll over much in the
past, but Joe went away to San Antonio for two days and now she's
become a pro at both.

Caitlin is so sweet, adorable, and smiley to everyone. That is, until
she gets hungry or tired, and then she becomes baby-zilla. She doesn't
mind letting you know her feelings.

I told Joe recently that I no longer feel invincible. I was quite
nervous as a new parent, and then I felt like I was getting the hang
of it. I was so excited when I could share parenting advice with
friends who were expectant mothers. I knew all about the best baby
products and gadgets and just what to do. Now I have a second child
who is not a carbon copy of the first, and I realized that parenting
is a completely different experience every time. Apparently I'm no
longer an expert.

Having two girls has been fun. They are now interacting more. Miriam
loves her little sister (although she's very jealous that Caitlin gets
to suck on a binky). Here are a few short stories:

Joe had caitlin in a front-pack and was pushing Miriam on the swing.
Every time the girls came close together they broke out laughing.
That's my first memory of them truly playing together. Now Miriam
likes to make baby laugh all the time.

Secondly, we've often called Caitlin "Baby" as though it was her name
and that's usually what Miriam calls her too. However, a couple of
weeks ago we were out walking and Caitlin started crying. Miriam
exclaimed "Oh no! My baby!" Miriam doesn't care for dolls too much,
but when it comes to the real thing, it appears she takes ownership.

Speaking of Miriam and funny exclamations... We took the girls to the
Fort Worth Science and History Museum. Joe took Miriam into a 4D
theatre to see a dinosaur show while i waited with Caitlin outside.
Joe reported that at the beginning of the show there was an almighty
boom, like a thunder clap which sent Miriam clinging to his side. Then
a moment elapsed and she piped up in her spunky little voice "What was
that!?". Apparently she raised some laughter in the theatre.

No comments:

Post a Comment