Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Convention, Kindle, & Cool Tricks

I just got back last weekend from my annual NFB convention in Dallas.
Had fun seeing old friends--It's always a bummer that there are so
many meetings getting in the way of the real fun stuff. Braille
testing went smoothly, so that was a relief. I guess I've finally
reached a point where administering the exam with all the boxes of
confidential materials and important procedures no longer give me the
heebie jeebies, and thank goodness for that!

Joe's itching for the mailman to come and deliver his new generation
three Kindle. He pitched me a proposal about how he could study his
medical textbooks on it and I relented. Happy unbirthday to Joe. Did
you know it's also my unbirthday today too?

As for Miriam, she's already nine months old! I just can't believe my
baby is now closer to a toddler than to a newborn. I held my friend's
one-month-old on Sunday and just couldn't believe how tiny and floppy
he was. Surely Miriam was never like that! She's starting to take her
first steps along furniture and sometimes does the "look mom, no
hands" trick. She's currently having a trial run sleeping in the
living room rather than our bedroom. This is in the hopes that she'll
some day sleep through the night. She's such a pleasant, happy, good
natured girl, but waking up in the night is her one bad habit. No
doubt my bad habits are worse... Perhaps a little extra sleep for us
all will improve things.

1 comment:

  1. I don't even know what generation three Kindle is, but that's OK, I'll Google it sometime. :-)

    I can't believe Miriam is 9 months old, either! And she's starting to walk? My goodness, you have an active soon-to-be toddler on your hands! Good luck with catching up with her and also with the sleeping in the living room set up. Some day, she surely will sleep through the night. For Anna, it took just that - moving her crib out of our bedroom. About three nights later, she slept from 7 pm to 7 am. It also helped that we started a pretty simple bedtime routine and have been consistent with it. Miriam took longer, but she was a nursing addict for 18 months, so that made things harder.

    Oh, how much I miss living near you! Wouldn't it be sweet to be neighbors one day? Love ya!

    ReplyDelete