Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Fathers Day

Joe just had his first Fathers Day. Miriam gave him a card with her
little pink footprint on it. As a side note, my informal experiment
revealed that it takes roughly two dozen attempts before getting a
decent print of a baby's wiggling paint covered toes.

We went on our customary Sunday walk in the afternoon. Joe wondered
out loud whether this PhD program was a mistake and if we ought to
have just gone for med school. I told him of course it was a good idea
and life is great. (Gotta be positive to survive). I don't remember
Joe's exact response, but suffice it to say that he quickly tossed out
his EARLIER WORDS. i GUESS WHILE OUR FRIENDS ARE ALL OFF BEGINNING
THEIR MEDICAL RESIDENCIES, WE JUST ENJOY BEING GLUTTONS FOR
PUNISHMENT. I suppose time will tell whether it was worth it, but I'm
fairly confident right now.

In other news, we ate loads of cookies this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment