Thursday, July 30, 2009

Horror Stories Please

I had to receive my dreaded Rogan shot today because I have A negative blood.

Well, it wasn't so bad after all. I went in thinking that "Intra Muscular" was a polite way of saying they'd have to give me a big needle stick to the butt. Thus, I was pleasantly surprised that it was only a smallish needle in the arm. Hopefully labor will be the same way. Just tell me the horror stories so I can prepare for the worst and then... hopefully... be pleasantly surprised.

PS At 30 weeks I've gained 20.5lbs, which is only a fraction of a pound more than I weighed two weeks ago. Apparently that big growth spurt has leveled out for a moment.

PPS The baby has the hiccups right now, and Joe felt it for the first time last night. It's intriguing, but also a bit distracting.

1 comment:

  1. If you get an epidural for at least the first baby, you've got half the battle down there. Recovery is hard. (Think: having your period for a month-6 weeks, nursing feeling like someone clamped a hair clip on your nipple, and nether regions sore, sore, sore.) I've got some more gruesome descriptions if you want. :) Somehow you forget about the pain while you are staring at your beautiful baby.

    ReplyDelete