Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Zoo Keeper

03/17/2013 Caitlin (17 months) said "Kitty, come back!" her first
three word utterance. She can also climb out of her crib then barely
reach and twist the doorknob to escape. Current personal best is 9.6
seconds (just kidding about the point six). A regular Houdini like her
older sister.

03/19/2013 Driving in the car Anne told me we were just planning to
have salad for dinner (pause) oh, and then C-A-K-E. Miriam piped up in
the back and said seemingly randomly "We have cake at our house". I
looked around with eyes wide thinking, did my three year old really
figure out how to spell that? She also carries out covert operations
when I go upstairs; She stacks a stool on top of a dining chair to
climb up and reach the scissors and markers on top of the fridge or
other reconnaissance missions.

A few weeks ago I ran upstairs to get changed to go running and was
gone for about five minutes at which time a neighbor was ringing my
doorbell with two children in hand saying "I found them down the
street". Yikes! I've had better days than that one.

I just keep saying, it'll be okay if I can just keep them alive
through childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment