Monday, June 1, 2009

Ideal Weekend

This weekend passed pretty close to my ideal. After Joe finished his qualifying exam on Friday, we ate pizza and went out to see the Pixar movie "Up" in 3D. On Saturday we went out to lunch with our friends Pam and Roland Allen, and Norma and Glen Crosby who were visiting from Louisiana. We went to Tomatillo's Cafe and stayed well past the main course for sopa pillas and flan, and we sat around talking even after the dishes were taken away. I love not being in a rush.

Joe and I were so full from lunch that we ate frozen yogurts and fruit for dinner. Joe took me out to buy a few extra pieces of maternity clothing. I'm in love with my new $12 jean capris from Ross. There's nothing like a good deal to make your day bright. We finished up Saturday at home on the couch watching Spider Man 2.

Usually my ideal weekend would involve hiking, but on Sunday morning we took the dog on an extra long walk on the school field instead. At church we got to sit together the whole time because neither of us had to teach lessons and we had a combined Priesthood/Relief Society meeting. After church we had a banana split night with David, Ashley, Kristen, Aaron, Lily and Gunnar.

Perfect.

1 comment:

  1. It really sounds perfect. I'm glad it all worked out so well and you could be together doing what you both enjoy. Sundays used to be very relaxing for me, too, until I started having kids . . . So, enjoy it while it lasts!

    ReplyDelete