Wednesday, April 8, 2009

30 Ways in 30 Days

You'll likely be reading Dennis Prager's name a lot on my blog. I listen to his radio show most days of the week. His guest for this hour, Rebecca Hagelin, has a new book called Thirty Ways in Thirty Days to Save Your Family. I wouldn't mind reading it. I'm going to skip the whole reading books about pregnancy phase, and move onto the parenting books. Of course, I'm sure the scriptures are the best parenting books around, and I'd better get reading those too.

I recently heard someone say something like "If you read the scriptures as religiously as you read your e-mail, you'd be a lot better off". The first person who can find the exact quote on lds.org will win a mystery prize. I'm reasonably sure it was said in an LDS General Conference in 2008. On your marks... Get set... Go!

1 comment:

  1. Louise, you're right about reading parenting books now, but have a pregnancy one nearby just for reference or when you're wondering about something while the baby's still inside of you. It's always interesting to learn more about everything. My favorite pregnancy book is What to Expect one, I really like the way it's written. Anyway, a great parenting book is by Glenn I. Latham called The Power of Positive Parenting. It's the way to go when you try to raise good people throughout out of your little ones. Sorry if you didn't ask for any of this advice, but you know me, I can't help it. :-)

    ReplyDelete