Monday, October 25, 2010

I Wish

I'd love to scrap my plans for tomorrow and instead hop a plane to NYC
and go tandem biking in Central Park. I got the idea earlier today
when I read Kristen's blog about her last visit to New York. The funny
thing is, after thinking this earlier today, I came across a New York
Times article tonight about a tandem bike relay in NYC that's going on
some time this week. I must not be the only one with this thought this
week.

Update on our cycling: We get out at least four times a week for an
hour or so, (except on Saturdays when it's usually longer.). We go
anywhere from 15 to 25 miles roundtrip. I don't think I've been this
well exercised in my life, or at least not for quite a while. That
bike's a great workout. The trail is really beautiful too, and on our
evening rides, we watch the sun go down as it reflects off the river.
There's also a spot along the river that I've come to think of like
the ocean. The trail is closer to the river at that point, just
outside Trinity park, and there's a silver guardrail that's much like
one you'd find at a harbour prominade. The air just seems cooler and
saltier there too, although the saltier part might just be my
imagining. I always feel like I'm a tourist in a coastal town when I
pass through there. biking outdoors is so much better than a stinky
gym.

1 comment:

  1. what a great family activity. Lily's real first words were "go walk" because every morning we went on a walk. I am sure Miriam really enjoys her bike rides in her carriage. :)

    ReplyDelete