Wednesday, September 29, 2010

FLY

Joe arrived home this evening after a solo bike ride on his speedy
road bike and was commenting on how many bugs he swallowed. (Yuck!)
Sadly, that's what happens by the river at dusk. As he was heading
towards the shower he said, "Man--I was flying!" to which I replied
"You are what you eat." HA

Speaking of flying... Several weeks ago I started working on the FLY program:

www.flylady.net

Basicly, it's a free website that helps people organize and clean
their homes. I can't say that I've been religiously following the
program, but I can say that I'm doing much better by at least keeping
a few rules like getting dressed first thing in the morning, not
leaving dishes in the sink when I go to bed, spending at least fifteen
minutes a day clearing up clutter, and picking certain days for
certain chores so they actually get done.

I've found it to be a great place to start organizing my life when I
previously felt clueless about where to start. The trick now will be
to incorporate more steps into my daily/weekly/monthly plan of action.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds a lot like what I've been doing in my house (off and on for about a year and a half). I got the ideas from a book called "The Ultimate Career" by Daryl Hoole. It's an LDS lady and talks about ways to organize your home and your life. I mostly love it, I just wish dusting wasn't one of the chores that simply need to be done regularly. :-(
    I will have to check out that website you go to, though.

    ReplyDelete